INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES Local Education Consultants Math and Science21-08-2019
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Local Education Consultants Math and Science
Institution: Inter-American Development Bank
Project: Second Basic Education Improvement Program Phase II
Consultancy Title: Local Education Consultants Mathematics and science
Loan/Credit/Grant No.: 3603 OC-SU
Contract/Bid No.: MINOWC/ PP-2019-40 IC and PP-2019-42 IC
Deadline: September 3, 2019 at 23:59 hours local time
The Ministry of Education Science and Culture (MOESC) has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), toward the cost of the Second Basic Education Improvement Program (BEIP)- Phase II, with the objective to increase learning outcomes of all primary school students and improve the internal efficiency of the education system.
The BEIP program contains a number of components and activities. For component 1, “Improvement of Learning Outcomes” one main output is the design of new curriculum for grades 7 and 8 and the provision of textbooks, teacher’s guides and complementing educational materials. An international firm is currently undertaking this design of new curriculum.
The MOESC, through its Project Management Unit (BEIP/PMU) is seeking
- one (1) Local Education Consultant for the subject area Arithmetic/Mathematics and
- one (1) Local Education Consultant for the subject area Science/STE(A)M
To provide the MOESC with educational technical support in the curriculum review cycle and support the Curriculum Development Department in the process of turning curriculum into ready to print textbooks.
The consultant should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of either subject areas Arithmetic/Mathematics and/or Science/STE(A)M
- Good knowledge of curriculum development, educational terminology, subject matter areas of basic education and fundamentals.
- Good knowledge of the Surinamese educational system, challenges within basic education and its particularities pertaining to learning and teaching Arithmetic/ Mathematics and Science/STE(A)M subject matters.
- Excellent skills in writing and revising documents in Dutch.
- Excellent skills in working with a diverse group of individuals and institutions to exchange information and ensure timely completion of activities.
- Capacity to promote a knowledge-sharing and learning culture. Ability to coordinate, guide and mentor others.
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, suggest feasible solutions, and put these into practice.
The Terms of Reference for the each or both of the consultancy can be requested through email via email@example.com. Applicants should provide sufficient evidence of their experience and description of responsibilities.
Applications, consisting of a Cover Letter and CV, should be submitted in English and emailed before September 3, 2019 @ 23:59 PM local time to:
Executing Agency: Project Management Unit- Ministry of Education Science and Culture
Attend to: Second BEIP-Phase II Procurement
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org